Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Starting Something New

Yesterday was my first day on the Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplant unit at Duke. I will primarily be using iPads with the patients to create digital art, since the iPads can be easily sterilized. The unit has very strict rules in place to keep everything sterile and safe for the kids while their immune systems are suppressed, and most of my anxiety going into today was related to following all of the procedures and finding my way around the giant hospital.
This morning I met with my supervisor to talk about how it went and discuss ideas for moving forward. We sat in the sun outside the Weaver Street market. It was 80 degrees and sunny, with a nice breeze (e.g. perfect).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! such a mitzvah! a gift for all!
enjoy!!! love, mom

annapate said...

I am excited to hear all about this endeavor, it sounds like a great opportunity :)

and I bet they will all LOVE you. xoxo

Follow THis Blog with Bloglovin

Follow The Lulu Bird