Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Work and Play

Work has been busy lately - getting all my groups lined up at the beginning of the school year is always kind of a scheduling nightmare - and it's about to get busier. I'm taking on some additional work at a therapeutic middle school through the Durham Arts Council's CAPS (Community Arts in Public Schools) program. Some of the kids in my group are transitioning out of inpatient settings, and others have been removed from previous schools due to behavioral issues, which is a bit of a departure from the population (children with developmental disabilities) I work with currently. I hope it will be good experience for the kids (and me!). I am still also running after school art programs two days a week. So I'm sort of all over the place, but I'm glad to be doing more networking and getting some new opportunities in my field.
Meanwhile, I have discovered The Real Housewives of New York City, and it is amazing and ridiculous (in exactly the way I need it to be - sometimes they are just being rich and rude, but often they are hysterical and oddly relatable). I have plowed through three seasons and now feel like I need to ration the rest, because it is so riveting. Riveting might not be the right word. It's possible that watching it has decreased my vocabulary.

1 comment:

gportelli said...

congrats on the new a.t. work! not sure i can hang with the real housewives, but i did watch 10 minutes of honey boo boo, and i'm definitely damaged.

Follow THis Blog with Bloglovin

Follow The Lulu Bird