Monday, September 24, 2012

Sandwich Worldview

 “Can I share with you my worldview? All of humankind has one thing in common: the sandwich. I believe that all anyone really wants in this life is to sit in peace and eat a sandwich.” - Liz Lemon

I made a sandwich this morning that was so delicious I took a picture of it with my phone, despite it not being particularly pretty or elaborate. When I went to upload it, I discovered something about myself: I take pictures of sandwiches. Like, as an ongoing thing, evidently. I had three OTHER sandwich photos on my phone, which I am sort of embarrassed to admit, but not embarrassed enough not to tell you about in great detail. 
Welcome to your personal sandwich tour of Durham.

(Sweet roasted beets, arugula, blue cheese spread, and toasted walnuts on "rustic house bread") 

(Fresh basil aoili, roasted turkey breast, mixed greens, sliced granny smith apples, and local goat cheese on toasted whole wheat)

(Sharp cheddar, lettuce, red onions, mayo, bacon, turkey breast, and mango chutney on sourdough)

And today at home:
(Bosc pear slices, apple walnut chutney from the co-op, and fresh local chevre on toasted multi grain)

Please, humankind: tell me about your favorite sandwich so I can sit in peace somewhere  and eat it up.

3 comments:

gportelli said...

i vote for the beet one. and, i love liz lemon, maybe more than sandwiches.

annapate said...

I want to eat all those sandwiches....gee thanks liz, now I am tired and hungry. XOXO

Jeni said...

Too much bread. How about one of those sets of ingredients (anything with fruit or beets + cheese + veggies + spreads) on a spinach wrap? Or I could go for a Henry sandwich - you know, Henry between Liz Lemon and Liz Carley? Adorable and snarky.

Follow THis Blog with Bloglovin

Follow The Lulu Bird