Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Kids love animals

I was reminded at the Will Allen talk last week just how much kids adore animals. Not that I really forgot - animals are frequent subjects for my students and clients, and they're always interesting to talk to kids about, since they take on different symbolism for different children. This is the last week of after school art club until mid-April, so I was going to give the kiddos a little "see you next quarter" something, and decided to make them some tiny animals. As a kid I loved (and still love) mini things, so I used Sculpty clay and made them each an animal based on something they've said or made this quarter (which, in all honesty is probably more fun for me than it is for them). 
(eek! sorry for the poor quality photos)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

adorable; & so sweet & kind of you :)
love, mom

Jen said...

the turtle is my fave!

Follow THis Blog with Bloglovin

Follow The Lulu Bird