Sunday, March 4, 2012

Art Inspiration: Rosetta Santucci

Sometimes I come across some artwork that is just so exactly what I need it to be. 
I doubt that makes any sense, but when I saw these paintings they made me feel overwhelmingly comfortable, and simultaneously curious and captivated. There is just so much there.
The sinuious lines and pockets of color, along with the dendritic forms and structured layout remind me of maps, underground tunnels, bodily organs, waterways... So many things, really.
They have the feel of contemporary works, but with glimmers of folk art, illustration, and childlike dreaminess.
Clearly I'm having trouble articulating myself, but what I am trying to say is that I love these paintings. Love them truly and completely. The first time I looked through them, I cried.
If someday, by some strange turn of events, I won the lottery or  discovered a gold mine, I would commission one of these works, a large scale piece like the one below.
And I would walk past it everyday, or sit there looking at it, and feel happy.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Yes, I love these too. Glad you discovered her and shared. The layered texture, all the colors, mmm.

Follow THis Blog with Bloglovin

Follow The Lulu Bird