Sunday, March 13, 2011

relocated and it feels so good

i know i have had a long absence from blogland, but i assure you, it was for a very good reason. i have been moving myself and all my earthly possessions across the country to north carolina.  the move was super stressful and we ended up sleeping at a friends for a whole week until we could move into our house. then there was some last minute paperwork and a few snags that held things up, so that was chaotic (i cried 4 times), but now i am here and safe and it is 75 degrees and sunny, and wow, that just really makes everything better.
we have already started a million house-related projects (and even finished a few), including painting the kitchen, art room, front door, and master closet, plus hanging art, fixing rain gutters, and assembling furniture and moving it all around. it is really coming together... i am tired but happy. here are a few photos in it's current state.

8 comments:

annapate said...

Your house is going to be amazing and I'm totally jealous of your sunshine :)

Mindy Steiniger said...

Hi liz...My name is Mindy Steiniger...You just bought my house! It looks fabulous...I love the new colors! If you want, I have some info for you about renewing your contract with Clegg's (a termite protection company) that will save you some money...Also, we had a great handyman whose number I can pass on if you want. It's a great house in a WONDERFUL neighborhood! Good luck...Let me know if you want the info. Thanks.

gportelli said...

it already looks pretty, pretty!

Crooked Sister said...

You're painting your door red! Part of me wants to own a home just so I can have a red door. They are my fave!

sweetgeorgiabrown said...

congratulations! we hope to join you soon!!
p.s. im quite proud of myself because we also have a blue room and an orange-ish room.. if lizzie did it then it must be cute!
happy homemaking to y'all :)

Lizzie said...

Hi Mindy! We'd love any info you are willing to share about handymen, insurance, etc. You can email me at liz1477@aol.com. So glad you found me on here! We are loving the house!

andrea said...

i can't believe you already have your place in a photographable state. i wish i could say the same for the lovely little apartment you left behind for me...

Max Boughner said...

From the looks of it, the house will indeed be a beauty. I kinda miss my old house, since I sold it for a long time now. I think I'll do some changes around my current house and have my son help me.

Follow THis Blog with Bloglovin

Follow The Lulu Bird