Tuesday, October 19, 2010

beetroot muffins

monica and i made these beet muffins. they're hot pink! and delicious!

preheat oven to 350 and grease muffin pan
peel and grate 1 large beet, set aside
mix 1.5 cups of flour, 2 Tb cocoa powder, and 1 tsp baking powder
add 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup white sugar
in another bowl, wisk 2 eggs with 1/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup veggie oil, and 1 Tb melted butter
pour wet mixture into dry mixture and stir in grated beets
spoon into muffin pan
add chocolate on top if desired
bake 20-25 min

5 comments:

Sunny & Star said...

Wow! I had never heard of beet muffins before.

annapate said...

recipe please.

Lizzie said...

i added the recipe!

Ana said...

Hi!
I have made chocolate beet cake before (and even have a recipe posted on my blog!), but I was looking for a cocoa beet muffin recipe and ended up in your blog.
I wanted to let you know that I made your beet muffins and they were awesome!!
We absolutely loved them and today I am making another batch!
Thanks for sharing your delicious recipe :-)
Ana

Liz said...

Hi Ana, I'm so glad your muffins turned out well :) I'm off to check out your blog...

Follow THis Blog with Bloglovin

Follow The Lulu Bird