Friday, September 18, 2009

all I ask of living is to have no chains on me

i was so sad yesterday to hear that mary travers of peter, paul & mary had died. my dad used to sing peter paul & mary songs to me and my sister, and my appreciation only grew deeper as i learned more of their songs throughout my awesome/hippie elementary school experience.

their music and social activism continue to inspire me.





"Give me my freedom for as long as I be.
All I ask of living is to have no chains on me.
All I ask of living is to have no chains on me,
And all I ask of dying is to go naturally.

And when I die,
When I'm dead, dead and gone,
There'll be one child born in our world to carry on,
There'll be one child born to carry on."

No comments:

Follow THis Blog with Bloglovin

Follow The Lulu Bird