Friday, August 28, 2009

fantastic!

i read every one of roald dahl's books multiple times (or had them read to me - thanks dad!) when i was a kid. i remember them with such vivid detail, and still think that they are some of most creative stories ever written for kids (or adults. ahem.). i still remember full scenes and quotes from matilda, the twits, esio trot, the BFG, the witches, etc...

sooo, given my love for these stories, i was very excited to see this trailer today for the movie version of the fantastic mr. fox. this story is especially memorable because of the context in which it was first read to me. we went on our first/only family vacation out of the country when i was maybe 9(?) to the caribbean island of st. maarten. and this was the book we brought for our nightly read aloud. i remember my family gathering around in the hotel room after a day of adventures, picking up right where we left off with mr. fox.

5 comments:

PonderandStitch said...

OMG OMG OMG!! Thank you so much for posting this! I cannot wait!!

Did you see my post about Roald Dahl a couple weeks ago?

http://ponderandstitch.blogspot.com/2009/08/do-you-know-what-this-is.html

Lizzie said...

no, but i'm heading to read it now- i'm so glad to have a kindred book spirit reading my blog!

Sidi said...

I love Roald Dahl, I think he is still my favourite. I didnt know they made a film of Mr. Fox. Thanks for letting me know!

annapate said...

did wes anderson produce this?

Lizzie said...

he did - and all the usual suspects are in it...

Follow THis Blog with Bloglovin

Follow The Lulu Bird