Sunday, July 5, 2009

i put some new shoes on...

its a lovely day today, and i'm embarrassed to admit that i slept in so late that i missed a good portion of it. i tried to make up for it by spending the afternoon walking around the hood and enjoying the sun. i spent a while as borders looking at this book, which is beautiful and fascinating (and heavy). then it was coffee shop time with my laptop, because seriously, i am on a job hunt and it can be so frustrating/boring that i need to bribe myself with coffee if i am going to spend many (fruitless?) hours writing cover letters and re-configuring my resume (again). it seems like getting a job is so much about who you know, and that the people i know are not the "right" people to know. also, i'm sort of shy and therefore not a very good networker.

i am pretty distressed about the whole thing, but i did feel better after taking a time-out to go look at shoes. i bought some red ones, which i am having trouble justifying (even though they remind me of this).

i kept the receipt so i can consider whether or not patent leather red flats are actually a necessity. at the moment it feels like they are.

12 comments:

rachellovespeace said...

cute! i like your new shoes. i just got paolo nutinis new album today! its good he just seems much older so soon, even though the last album was from some time ago. :)

elsiee said...

OMGodness! How can red patent leather flats NOT be a necessity - trust me THEY ARE!! You will probably be hired it them and then go on to work many many productive days in them, all the while looking chic AND fabulous!!

Kate8085 said...

Definitely a necessity.
If you didn't have those, how
would you walk to the coffee shop
and work on job hunting?
No red shoes=no job.
How is that for justification? :)

Hyla said...

cute shoes! good luck with job hunting!

Hyla said...

great song!

Umatji said...

Great shoes, great song, great link back as well. I also love that film - thanks for the memory walk. Of all though, my favourite thing was the crochet pods - do you have a pattern???

ARTISANNE said...

YAY for new shoes and YAY for Paolo!!!

Newfangled said...

Cute shoes! I know how you feel about the job hunting. I graduated with a bachelors degree over a year ago and have yet to find a good job. It feels to me like the degree isn't helping at all. Hopefully both of us will find a job soon :)

MAXimum MESS said...

I LOVE them! I've been wanting red plats for awhile, now. I think red shoes can go with anything! Happy job hunting!

Amy said...

Those flats are adorable!! Also, I hadn't heard of this book before and went to go look it up and it looks fascinating. Thanks for mentioning it! Your blog is lovely. :)

Lizzie said...

thanks for the red-shoes support and the well wishes on the job search! you all are so nice.
i have officially decided to keep the shoes. they make me feel snazzy, and i need a little bit more snazz in my life, i think.

umatji - no, i don't tend to use patterns when i crochet - the hanging pods in the post i linked back to were a freeform creation (i made them up as i went along). but the shape is sort of like a miniature, elogated hat, so if you have a hat pattern you could probably adapt it into pods...

xo lizzie

Revlis Queen said...

dude, i have like 6 pairs of red shoes, including 2 that are patent leather. I support your decision and i want a pair for my own. :)

Follow THis Blog with Bloglovin

Follow The Lulu Bird