Tuesday, July 28, 2009

bad day

i've had a bad couple of days.

on saturday i was pick pocketed. they didn't get anything irreplaceable, but it is a huge inconvenience and also makes me feel violated and confused.

on sunday i saw not one but TWO cockroaches in my kitchen. which is kind of my worst nightmare.

then today i went to the HR department to get my paperwork reviewed for my new job, and was told (by a very unkind, harsh, and overall nasty woman) that i don't have the right paperwork and there is a problem with my license. she sent me to someone (equally rude) at another building across town, who then sent me to a different office after that, all of which culminated in the loss of 7.5 hours of my life, and the realization that i was exactly where i started - without answers and still not officially employed.

thank goodness the bachelorette season finale was on tonight, because i really needed some fluffy reality tv to distract me (and because generally speaking, i am a not-so-secret rabid consumer of low-brow American pop culture. the lower the better).

12 comments:

elsiee said...

ouchie! that was a bad day... america's next top model does it for me - thank goodness it plays on multiple channels in perpetual reruns...

Curtis Collectables :) said...

I love rewatching tv shows on DVD. I'm rewatching Jon and Kate Plus 8. It's weird.

Here's a joke to cheer you up. It's one of my favorites.

Two muffins were sitting in an oven, and the first looks over to the second, and say, "man it's really hot in here". The second looks over at the first with a surprised look, and answers, "WHOA, a talking muffin!"

Cindy @ Chalk it Up! said...

Sorry you had such a rotten day.

Cockroaches and HR yuck! My husband is on the fourth stage of the interviewing process for a job today. He starting the process about a month ago. (He's a chef.) First, was the interview with the exec chef, Next was a tasting (where he had to create, and prepare a multi-course menu for three big wigs-this was an 8 hour day plus prepping the day before)Then, back for another interview with the GM of the hotel. This morning he left at 6:30 to go cook with the exec chef for the VIP's (this will be another 8 hour day with no $$$) and finally on Thursday he meets with HR. And we still don't know if he has the job.
Hang in there! We know what you're going through.
I hope your day is better today:)
Cindy
www.chalkaboutit.blogspot.com

The Redhead Riter said...

Those are just horrible days!
Wishing you a fantastic and
unbelievably incredible Tuesday!

LongStoryShortCrafts said...

Shoot - after all that trouble - you Have to have a better day tomorrow!!!

PonderandStitch said...

Oh, my, pickpocketed! That is horrible! Poor girl. Things will get better and that is good to know.

My guilty pleasure reality tv show is America's Next Top Model. I admit it!

rachellovespeace said...

i hope you have many fantastic days to replace these bad ones.
xoxo

Beth said...

The upside is that you're due for some AWESOME days now! :: hugs ::

Beth
http://wildemoon.etsy.com
http://powerups.etsy.com

annapate said...

look how loved you are :)

Erin Cain said...

man, I hear you I've had a cruddy last few days as well. I hope it gets better for both of us!

p.s. I love the image you chose of the turtle, it seems to fit too well.
-Erin

T.Allen-Mercado said...

you had me at cockroaches, that's a pretty bad day! lean in close and i'll tell you very softly in your ear that my tv shame du jour is "dance your ass off". i even get misty-eyed as the suspense builds around contestants waiting for their scores. please don't tell, and feel better soon.

thehangingflower said...

I'm sorry about your bad days that sounds horrible! hope it's all better now!

Follow THis Blog with Bloglovin

Follow The Lulu Bird