Thursday, June 18, 2009

succulent people, and a map of home

the newest addition to my wall-o-art in the kitchen is this little vintage flashcard i found a while back but just (finally) framed.

it highlights wisconsin on the US map, and also lists my hometown of madison (the capitol) - a place i love and often miss. i like living in chicago, but madison will probably always feel like my home, and it's nice to have a little reminder of that in my space.

also, this morning i came across these funky little planters - the domes are hand blown glass in shapes suited to the type of plant that will be housed inside...

via here

4 comments:

Lucy said...

those planters are cool! litke little aliens ready to invade! what a great find!

AMIdesigns said...

I love those planters! I've awarded you a Lovely Blog Award, just check out my blog for details :)

gportelli said...

you better continue to "like living in chicago". i'm just saying.

Megan said...

aw, that makes me homesick. I want one!

Follow THis Blog with Bloglovin

Follow The Lulu Bird