Here are the directions:
- Select a bowl of any size with a nice shape. This will be your mould.
- Mix up some paper mache paste (half and half water and flour).
- Carefully place newspaper strips dipped in the paste onto the bowl. You'll want 3-5 layers of the newspaper strips over your entire bowl to make it nice and strong (the more layers, the better, I say).
- Let dry overnight.
- Once dry, gently pull it off the mould and clean up the rim by trimming it with some sharp scissors.
- Now it's time to decorate! You can be really creative about how you decorate it - I've had people use collage, paint, tissue paper - anything goes. The one in the top image is covered with old book pages using mod-podge. I then stitched into the rim to add a different textural element
- It's easy! and fun! go try it! ok?