Wednesday, May 27, 2009

oh mirror in the sky, this is love

this video of a new york elementary school chorus made me teary... i had to watch it a few times. look at their beautiful faces. i can't get enough.



I took my love, I took it down
Climbed a mountain and I turned around
I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills
till the landslide brought me down

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love
Can the child within my heart rise above
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides
Can I handle the seasons of my life

Well, Ive been afraid of changing
cause Ive built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
children get older
Im getting older too

Oh, take my love, take it down
Climb a mountain and turn around
If you see my reflection in the snow covered hills
Well the landslide will bring it down

If you see my reflection in the snow covered hills
Well maybe the landslide will bring it down

5 comments:

The Momma said...

WOW! I just got some serious chills! That was wonderful!

Meg said...

Oh Lizzie, my heart just burst right open.

Gidgetty said...

Still love these darlings. They're from a school in Tomás's old 'hood. I want all my kids to have that kind of music-making experience! ...Meg said it right.

Baroness Bijoutery said...

Fantastic Post..great video...Thank you so much for sharing this...

parallel-botany said...

Awww, that's so sweet! I love how some of the kids look so into it.

It reminds me a bit of the Langley Schools Music Project, although I think the kids in your video sound more polished.

Follow THis Blog with Bloglovin

Follow The Lulu Bird