Monday, March 16, 2009

bonnie "pince" billy stole my granola bar






















on saturday night i went to see bonnie "prince" billy at the vic theatre. the show was super-good. i thought about bringing my camera to document it but decided it was too large and conspicuous, and also heavy if i was standing all night. this turned out to be a good decision, because the security lady was totally hard-core. here is the conversation we had while she looked through my purse:

her: what's this?
me: my cell phone?
her: and this - what's that?
me: that's my daily planner.
her: and this!?
me: it's a luna bar.
her: (pause). can i have it?
me: (not thinking i have a choice). um, ok.

can you tell me what just happened? did she confiscate my luna bar because she was supposed to take food (which seems weird, given that the venue is a "brew and view"), or did she just want my delicious luna bar and knew she was much bigger than me and also intimidating with her flashlight and officialness?

1 comment:

Megan said...

Oh man, I bet she hadn't had dinner and was desperate.

Follow THis Blog with Bloglovin

Follow The Lulu Bird